Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday This and That....

Well, its been a whole week and still no baby goat.  I am confused.  Baby is alive and kicking and mom is eating and drinking and not showing any signs of distress, so all we can do is wait.  I don't like waiting.

For a myriad of reasons this past week was an extremely stressful, non-peaceful week at my house.  Between goats, and school, and a frozen busted pipe, not to mention the extreme cold in general, grades being due, trying to cook everything from scratch (trying desperately to lower the grocery bill), and other life stuff, I am tired.

After today thing should more calm.  At least for a little while.

I read this quote on someone's Facebook page and I am thinking about it this week and will be looking up scriptures to back it up and think on them.

"Beware of despairing about yourself.  You are commanded to put your trust in God, and not in yourself."  -St. Augustine


6 comments:

  1. Acknowledge that He is your Lord EVERY morning and commit your day to Him. Then trust Him with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Jill, I think it all comes back to transforming our minds-for me it seems to be an almost minute to minute need, some days at least.

      Delete
  2. Cooking everything from scratch can be so hard at times. I had to give some of that up with the job and all, but I miss it, too.

    Best wishes on the baby goat! I'm excited to get the announcement:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard work sometimes, but it has been worth it and beneficial. It seems like a part-time job some days though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! What a week! Along with cooking from scratch comes all those dirty dishes! Even with a dishwasher, it still has to be loaded and unloaded! Sorry about the pipe! I'm excited to hear about the new baby coming soon! And I really like what Jill said! Hope this week is better! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great quote :-) Wow your kids have really grown since i've been on here!!

    ReplyDelete